In effective project management, a well-structured Scope of Works is essential for success—it's the roadmap that ensures no project detail is overlooked. To simplify this process, Fonn offers two clear and user-friendly options for uploading your Scope of Works.
To upload your Scope of Works to Fonn, you have 2 options:
1. Transfer the information into our template and then upload it to the project.
2. Build the schedule using Edit Mode within the project and save it as Organisation template.
Option 1 – Template
1. Go to Organisation menu.
2. From the left-hand menu, select Scope of Works then select Templates.
3. At the top right of the screen, click on "+ Add template [BETA]":
4. Then click "Download example template":
5. An excel file will then download. Once opened, you will see the below:
Index = This will decide whether the item is a list Item (heading) or a checkpoint (an item to marked off)
Example the above, translates to the below within Fonn:
Move your information into the relevant columns using the examples within the excel file for guidance. Only "index" and "name" fields are required to get accepted by the system.
5. Once done, save your excel file and go back to your Organisation>Scope of Works>Templates.
6. Click "+Add template [BETA]", name your template and select the excel file you just saved, click "Add template":
7. Now your template is successfully uploaded to your Organization and you're able to apply it to your projects.
8. To apply your saved template to your project - select your project first and go to Settings>Settings and enable Scope of Works:
9. When you click "ON" you will be able to choose your Organization template:
10. If your template is formatted correctly, you will see a green pop up notification on the top right of your screen to let you know the upload was successful.
Option 2 – Edit Mode
1. Open your project
2. From the left-hand menu, select Scope of Works
3. Click Edit Mode:
4. Using the + Add button, start to build your schedule as per below:
Continue building until you have completed your full schedule.
5. Once completed, go to your Scope of Works settings, scroll down and Save your template as organisation template so you can use it for other projects: